Friday, September 2
Chair: Helga A. G. de Valk, Netherlands Interdisciplinary Demographic Institute (NIDI) and Vrije Universiteit Brussel
1. For the sake of the children? A longitudinal analysis of residential relocations and school performance of Australian children • Janeen Baxter, University of Queensland; Sergi Vidal, University of Queensland.
2. The impact of parental absence on early childhood development • Aree Jampaklay, Mahidol University; Kerry Richter, Mahidol University; Kanchana Tangchonlatip, Mahidol University; Sutham Nanthamongkolchai, Mahidol University.
3. Regional topics: mobility in the Latvian countryside • Zaiga Krisjane, University of Latvia; Elina Apsite-Berina, University of Latvia; Ineta Grine, University of Latvia; Maris Berzins, University of Latvia; Janis Krumins, University of Latvia.
4. A mixed logit model analysis of retirees’ residential choices in the Montreal metropolitan area • Guillaume Marois, Université de Montréal; Sébastien Lord, Université de Montréal; Catherine Morency, Polytechnique Montréal.
5. Understanding benefits of internal migration in India at the destination and the role of relative deprivation among socio-economic groups in actualizing gains • Pinak Sarkar, Centre for Development Studies, Trivandrum.
Click on a name for contact information
Click on a title to see the abstract
Other sessions on Internal Migration and Urbanization