Friday, September 2
Chair: Gosta Esping-Andersen, Universitat Pompeu Fabra
1. Fear of small numbers? Immigrant population size and electoral support for the populist radical right in Switzerland • Effrosyni Charitopoulou, University of Oxford; Javier Garcia-Manglano, University of Oxford.
2. Welfare, migration and the life course: welfare regimes and migration patterns of EU-citizens in the Netherlands • Petra de Jong, Netherlands Interdisciplinary Demographic Institute (NIDI); Helga A. G. de Valk, Netherlands Interdisciplinary Demographic Institute (NIDI) and Vrije Universiteit Brussel; Christof Van Mol, Netherlands Interdisciplinary Demographic Institute (NIDI) and Universiteit Antwerpen.
3. Political factors as drivers of international migration • Martin Guzi, Masaryk University; Alicia Adsera, Princeton University; Carles Boix, Princeton University; Mariola Pytlikova, CERGE-EI Prague and VSB-Technical University of Ostrava .
4. Explaining the recent increase in asylum seekers from Africa to Europe • Hannes Weber, University of Tuebingen.
5. Differences in welfare take-up between immigrants and natives – a microsimulation study • Jürgen Wiemers, Institute for Employment Research (IAB); Kerstin Bruckmeier, Institute for Employment Research (IAB).
Click on a name for contact information
Click on a title to see the abstract
Other sessions on International Migration and Migrant Populations